"We have tried to reach him but we have not managed to".
The La Liga giants now look set for a transfer battle, something which can only work out well for Dortmund from a financial standpoint, as they're guaranteed a huge fee for their player based on current circumstances.
'We don't know where he is.
Jadeja's five-for gives India the series victory
The hosts, who resumed the day on 209/2, lost two wickets in the morning session, including skipper Dinesh Chandimal for two. Mendis scored his third test century and was out for 110 off 135 deliveries, a spell that included 17 boundaries.
Dortmund head coach Peter Bosz earlier said the club had been unable to contact the player.
He has been suspended until next week, Dortmund said.
"As there is no other offer from FC Barcelona to date, there is now no transfer of the player to FC Barcelona and this is not now likely".
He added: "There was no sign that Ousmane Dembele would not be here".
Dortmund have also rejected bids from Arsenal and PSG for Dembele this summer.
Missouri Police Officer Shot And Killed At Traffic Stop
Sergeant Bill Lowe of the Missouri Highway Patrol told 41 Action News the traffic stop was in regard to a registration violation. Authorities believe he is on foot and still in the Clinton area, 75 miles (120 kilometers) southeast of Kansas City.
The announcement came after Dembele skipped a Dortmund training session on Thursday, sending the rumour mill into overdrive.
Dortmund are reluctant to sell the versatile attacker just one year after he moved to Germany.
Some media outlets have spoken about an agreement between Dembele and the Catalan team although Dortmund have not confirmed this. "So what they pay in the end doesn't matter".
The Frenchman has been highly impressive in his debut season with BVB, scoring six league goals and assisting a further 13 in just 32 appearances.
It has been reported that Barcelona could spend up to €150 million to sign the France worldwide, who joined Dortmund from Rennes for around €15m last summer.
Counter-terrorism investigation launched into Eiffel Tower knifeman
France has been under a highly sensitive situation since the November 2015 assaults in the capital that left 130 individuals dead. A screen near the bottom of the tower displayed a message welcoming Brazilian star Neymar to the club.